Driver Communications Specialist
Drive across countries. Get qualified. Get our comms kit to destination. As our Communications Transport Specialist, you’re responsible for delivering the Army’s communications infrastructure. Driving large trucks and forklifts across all terrains, you’ll play a vital role in our success – and experience some adventure and excitement while you’re at it. Alongside your team, you can reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life.
The Army has a huge range of communications kit in our inventory to help us be effective in the field – but it needs a trusted team to get it where it needs to go. Our Communications Transport Specialists are the ultimate delivery force. Driving all-terrain vehicles cross-country, they deliver military communications equipment for Royal Signals units worldwide. And, when not actively deployed, they’ll service and repair vehicles and use warehouse software to obtain, maintain and issue equipment. This is your chance to do something that really matters.
Find where you belong.
Basic Training will teach you soldier skills, like how to survive outdoors and fire weapons. The training will also develop your fitness before you progress into your specialised training at the Royal School of Signals. After your Basic Training, you’ll learn how to drive cars and large goods vehicles with a trailer, and move hazardous materials. And, once you finish Initial Trade Training, you’ll be ready for all the exciting new adventures about to come your way.
The Army will pay for you to gain valuable qualifications. These could include:
· Foundation Modern Apprenticeship
· A variety of driving licences
· NVQ Level 2 in IT
· Level 1 European Computer Driving Licence (units 1, 2, 3 and 7)
· Key Skills in Application of Numbers, Information and Communication Technology
· Carriage of Hazardous Materials licence
· City & Guilds Levels 1 and 2 in Technical Storekeeping
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Communications Transport Specialist and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsided accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
· Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
· No formal qualifications required
· Mid-Thigh Pull 50kg
· Medicine Ball Throw 2.7m
· 2km run 11m 30s (11m30s for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
· Fixing things
· Working outside
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2022, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG